Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Compartmentalization

Day 15
__________________________

This may be the most personal blog I have posted thus far.

I was 18.
My brothers 15 and 8.
My Dad sat us down together,
told us he was a good father but not the best husband.
And that was it.
Within days he was moved out,
living with a replacement family and replacement kids.
I listened to Mumford and Sons and compartmentalized.
AKA, I buried my emotions too deep to be discovered.

It has been 8 years since that day.
My life has changed exponentially.
I have changed exponentially.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Which sounds mean.
Please understand,
 I would never wish this pain upon any wife, husband, family, or child.
But,
What's meant to be, will always find a way.

Would you believe me when I say,
I love my Dad more than anything?
I love my family more than anything,
I love my mom more than anything,
no matter how broken we were or are.
They are my family,
my ohana,
 my blood.
My family is this old Chinese proverb,
and I am so so grateful everyday to have them.
My heart could burst.

story of kintsugi may have begun in the late 15th century, when the shogun Ashikaga Yoshimasa sent a damaged Chinese tea bowl back to China to be fixed. It returned held together with ugly metal staples, launching Japanese craftsmen on a quest for a new form of repair that could make a broken piece look as good as new, or better. Japanese collectors developed such a taste for kintsugi that some were accused of deliberately breaking prized ceramics, just to have them mended in gold.:

No comments:

Post a Comment